[H-Pad] Historians for Peace and Democracy on the Move!

Van Gosse via H-Pad h-pad at lists.historiansforpeace.org
Thu Aug 3 11:52:36 PDT 2017

Dear members of H-PAD,

Since we announced our new direction and new name on July 4, H-PAD has really taken off. Along with our new name, we have created this new low-volume announce-only email list that will keep you abreast of our work. If you would like to leave the list, you can do so at anytime by emailing h-pad-request at historiansforpeace.org?subject=unsubscribe <mailto:h-pad-request at historiansforpeace.org?subject=unsubscribe> or at http://lists.historiansforpeace.org/listinfo.cgi/h-pad-historiansforpeace.org <http://lists.historiansforpeace.org/listinfo.cgi/h-pad-historiansforpeace.org>.

Our fall campaign to challenge Threats to Democracy and Dangers of War has already signed up activists on over one hundred campuses. We have recruited a truly impressive group of historians and activists to our new Speakers Bureau (see https://www.historiansforpeace.org/speakers-bureau/ <https://www.historiansforpeace.org/speakers-bureau/>). Our Steering Committee has formed Organizing, Outreach, and Publications Committees. And we are running a full-page advertisement in the American Historical Association’s September Perspectives which will reach 15,000 historians at virtually every college and university in the U.S.

All of this requires funds. A single iteration of our Perspectives ad will cost well over $1,000, and we’d like to run it more than once, and in other publications. Will you support H-PAD? Go to https://www.historiansforpeace.org/donate/ <https://www.historiansforpeace.org/donate/> to contribute. And if you haven’t yet signed up for the Threats to Democracy and Dangers of War campaign, let us know of your interest by going to https://www.historiansforpeace.org/join-us/ <https://www.historiansforpeace.org/join-us/>. We hope to hear from you, and we need your financial support!

In solidarity,

Van Gosse, Margaret Power, Andor Skotnes (Co-Chairs)