[H-PAD] Join H-PAD at AHA!

Van Gosse vgosse at fandm.edu
Sat Dec 29 06:47:29 PST 2018

Dear friends of Historians for Peace and Democracy,

We have a full program coming up in Chicago, and we hope to see you!

We begin on Friday, January 4, at 10:30, with our "Two More Years of Trump: What Is to Be Done?” roundtable, officially sponsored by MARHO (Middle Atlantic Radical Historians Organization/Radical History Review), in Stevens C-3 (Hilton Chicago, Lower Level). The panelists are Daniel Bessner, University of Washington; Bruce Cumings, University of Chicago; Nancy MacLean, Duke University, ; Barbara Ransby, University of Illinois in Chicago; Barbara Weinstein, New York University; and Rashid Khalidi, Columbia University.  (See the

Meanwhile, H-PAD and MARHO/RHR will share a table from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Friday, in the  Hilton Chicago Stevens C Prefunction Room. Stop by and pick up free broadsides and other literature and chat!

Finally, Saturday, January 5, 12 to 1:30 p.m., in Stevens C-8 of the Hilton we will host an organizing meeting on “What Is To Be Done?,” to focus on practicalities and concrete ways that we as historians can build the resistance.

We’ve also pulled together a list of panels of common interest <https://www.historiansforpeace.org/aha2019/panels-of-interest/>.

In solidarity,

Van Gosse and Margaret Power, Co-Chairs