[H-Pad] Historians for Peace and Democraacy at the AHA

Andor Skotnes skotna at sage.edu
Mon Jan 1 13:20:37 PST 2018

Historians for Peace and Democracy

Dear H-PAD supporter,

I am writing for the steering committee to update you on upcoming H-PAD
actions.

First and foremost are *our activities at the upcoming American Historical
Association Conf*erence in Washington, DC, January 5 and 6—a flyer on our
AHA activities is attached.  For those of you who will not be at the AHA,
we ask that you share the attached flyer with those you know who will.  For
those who will be at the conference, we ask that you attend H-PAD-related
events as you can.  We especially encourage you to come by our table,
shared with the Mid-Atlantic Radical Historians, between 11.30 and 2.30,
Friday, January 5, in the atrium outside the Exhibit Hall in the Marriott
Wardman Park, for conversation, information, and to pick up H-PAD leaflets
to distribute throughout the conference site.

Secondly, H-PAD is involved with several national organizations in *planning
teach-ins, educational events, and actions on the Korean crisis* during the
Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea (February 9 – 25), and
Paralympics (March 9 - 16).  A “CALL FOR OLYMPIC TRUCE ACTIONS: Diplomacy
NOT War” is currently being drawn up by a coalition of groups and will be
distributed soon.

Finally, we want to draw your attention to the *Conference on U.S. Foreign
Military Bases*, sponsored by thirteen peace and justice organizations,
January 12-14, University of Baltimore, Maryland. More information is
available at
http://noforeignbases.org/conference-on-u-s-foreign-military-bases/  Please
let  us know if you will attend this conference—we would like to get a
H-PAD contingent together.

Best to all for the New Year!

Andor Skotnes for the H-PAD Steering Committee