[H-PAD] Statement from H-PAD on Turkey's attacks on the Kurdish people

Margaret Power marmacpower1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 08:16:33 PDT 2019

H-PAD Statement:

The Kurdish people in Syria are under brutal military attack by the Turkish
state with the complicity of the president of the United States.  We join
people around the world in condemning the Turkish offensive, in demanding
that it cease immediately, and in calling for all Turkish forces to
withdraw from Syria. More though is needed.  Kurds have for a very long
time been marginalized and oppressed by a large number of regional and
worldwide powers. Therefore, in addition to the reversal of the Turkish
attack on Kurds, we call for the international recognition and guarantee of
the Kurdish right to self-determination.