[H-PAD] New H-PAD videos! (and please help us make more)

Kevin A. Young kayoung at umass.edu
Mon Sep 16 07:19:19 PDT 2019

Dear friends of Historians for Peace and Democracy,

We're very excited to announce a new series of short H-PAD videos,
titled _Liberating History_. In the age of social media, we believe that
short, accessible audiovisuals are vital to reaching the public. So a
few months ago we hired a professional videographer to help us produce
these materials.

Here are the first 2 episodes. One features historian Irene Gendzier on
the historical roots of Trump's Middle East policy. In the other,
historian Donna Murch dissects the racist history of the "war on drugs"
and mass incarceration.

Irene Gendzier: https://youtu.be/8h4m48i48Eg

Donna Murch: https://youtu.be/BMVPnrQOQkU

We have 2 ways you can help. _FIRST_, our video guy is giving us a good
rate, but these videos still cost money to make. CAN YOU CHIP IN $10,
$20, OR $30 to help us make more episodes? You can donate online by
visiting https://www.historiansforpeace.org/donate/.

_SECOND_, please help us share these videos widely! Go on our Facebook
page [1] to Like and Share. Subscribe to our new YouTube channel [2].
And share with your students, colleagues, and friends.

We have more videos in the works. If you have ideas, please let us know!

Thank you so much for your support.

Kevin Young, on behalf of the H-PAD executive committee

Links:
------
[1] https://www.facebook.com/groups/historiansforpeace/
[2] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCux-ZYrnpI81H_Ji5F73rBw