[H-PAD] Announcing the Faculty Network for Student Voting Rights [PLEASE JOIN!]

Van Gosse vgosse at fandm.edu
Thu Jun 25 06:48:13 PDT 2020

Dear friends,

We are writing about H-PAD's new project, the Faculty Network for Student
Voting Rights <https://facultyforvotingrights.org>, a
nonpartisan national effort to enlist faculty at all levels as public
allies to students seeking to vote.  Please read our "Open Letter to
College and University Faculty"
<https://facultyforvotingrights.org/who-we-are/> explaining why this
network is urgently needed to challenge voter suppression amid the new
crisis of COVID-19.

As you will see, well over 100 academics in 21 states have now taken our
Pledge for Student Voting Rights
<https://facultyforvotingrights.org/join-us/>--*will you join them?*

Equally important, *will you forward our Pledge to colleagues* *at your
institution and in other disciplines*?  It is crucial that we build the
"FacNet" within and across campuses, building state networks to generate
concrete solidarity with students organizing for the right to vote.

Please write back if you have questions or ideas,

Van Gosse and Margaret Power, Co-Chairs