[H-PAD] HPAD Sanctions Syllabus

Prasannan Parthasarathi prasannan.parthasarathi at bc.edu
Mon Mar 15 16:54:08 PDT 2021

 Dear Historians for Peace and Democracy,

Renate Bridenthal, Molly Nolan and I from the Empire Working Group have
finished at last the syllabus on economic sanctions--their forms, legality,
and effectiveness, their history across the twentieth century and their
current deployment, as well as blowback from and resistance to them. The
syllabus can be used in whole or individual weeks or parts can be
selected.  All materials are readily available online.

Thanks for the help many of you gave as we developed the syllabus which  is
now downloadable from the HPAD website.  Here is the link.

https://www.historiansforpeace.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Empire-of-Sanctions-Syllabus.pdf
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.historiansforpeace.org_wp-2Dcontent_uploads_2021_02_Empire-2Dof-2DSanctions-2DSyllabus.pdf&d=DwMFaQ&c=slrrB7dE8n7gBJbeO0g-IQ&r=Kedl6dbOufOnzORzYgA5Ng&m=9m1F4fAnZxI_J4ndqVJHNFjEBDTaqmLUhbh8pfytI10&s=K_izmq16pIpAqvvWiXYCG-ijx4A3YuA6FekdoRPBQok&e=>

Best,
Prasannan Parthasarathi