[H-PAD] Radical History Session­­­­s at the 2023 AHA

Andor Skotnes skotna at sage.edu
Sat Oct 29 06:57:06 PDT 2022

*H-PAD Update*

*Occasional Newsletter, November 2022*

Radical History Session­­­­s at the 2023 American Historical Association
Annual Meeting

For the third time, the Radical History Review, supported by Historians for
Peace and Democracy, is sponsoring a set of sessions at an annual meeting
of the American Historical Association, the oldest organization of
historians in the U.S., and the largest in the world. The AHA will be
meeting January 6-9, 2023 in Philadelphia.  At this meeting there will be
eleven Radical History sessions—essentially a mini conference within the
large conference.  Some of these will be scholarly panels focusing on
history in a range of locations and time periods. Some deal with recent and
current struggles in higher and secondary education.  And one session is a
strategy discussion of potential roles historians, intellectuals, and
activists can play in the current crisis.

*A one-page, double-sided page listing all of our AHA panels is attached*.
For more complete information on our “mini-conference,” go here
<https://www.historiansforpeace.org/aha2023/> on the H-PAD website. For
information on our past participation in AHA conferences, go here.
<https://www.historiansforpeace.org/aha/>  And for general information on
the 2023 AHA meeting, click here
<https://www.historians.org/annual-meeting/program>

If you can make it, please join us at our AHA sessions Philadelphia
Marriott Downtown - Room 305. For those who can’t attend the AHA, we hope
to make some of these sessions available later as podcasts.