[H-PAD] Help Us Strategize for 2024

Van Gosse vgosse at fandm.edu
Mon May 15 09:55:23 PDT 2023

Dear H-PAD members and supporters,

The purpose of this email is to solicit your views on our organization’s
direction.  H-PAD’s Steering Committee meets in-person this Saturday, May
20, and we want to know what you think:  *what should be H-PAD’s top
priorities, heading into 2024?  *Please write us directly at
<van.gosse at fandm.edua>van.gosse at fandm.edu and marmacpower1 at gmail.com with
your ideas and suggestions.

Here’s a report on what we have done.

Over the past twelve months, Historians for Peace & Democracy has mobilized
to fight the Right’s attack on “honest history,” see SC member Molly
Nolan’s excellent article in Public Seminar
<https://publicseminar.org/essays/political-polarization-threatens-american-education/>
.

In January, we produced our ongoing Culture Wars Against Education Archive
<https://www.historiansforpeace.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/The-Culture-Wars-Against-Education-12-29.pdf>,
continually updated.

This spring, Historians-On-Call
<https://www.historiansforpeace.org/historians-on-call/> has put down
roots, with our new organizer, Simon Judkins, developing networks in key
states as we partner with national organizations of historians and K-12
educators.

With *Radical History Review*, we already have a full roster for the 2024
American Historical Association’s Annual Meeting, including a roundtable
asking “Is the United States Turning Towards Fascism?” with Professors
Carol Anderson, Linda Gordon, and David Hollinger.

So let us know your thoughts.  And send us money!  We are ramping up in
terms of staff time and resources, including a brand-new website, so we ask
you to support our Organizing Fund
<https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=Tu-GmhAxFL3fSx09xn75uFAIG-DiaCHl-YW137IK4TRc1on5X2x66pKhmLSzkh_6YvsBPU48BbaTmj1m>
.

In solidarity,