[H-PAD] H-PAD Planning Meeting at the AHA!

Van Gosse vgosse at fandm.edu
Thu Dec 12 14:13:18 PST 2019

Dear H-PAD members and friends,

By now you probably know that the *Radical History Review*, as an AHA
affiliate organization, has joined with Historians for Peace and Democracy
in sponsoring a three-day series of panels (a conference within the
conference).  We draw your attention to the following, which is effectively* a
Planning Meeting for H-PAD members*--we hope to see you there!  It's listed
in the program as:

Historians and the Current Crisis: Strategy Roundtable

Saturday, January 4, 2020, Noon-1:30 PM

Concourse B (New York Hilton, Concourse Level)

At this forum, Margaret Power and I, as co-chairs, will be joined by
Executive Committee member Kevin A. Young (producer of our *Liberating
History* video series), to talk about the major strides we have made in
2019, then moving an open forum on what we *should* do in 2020--one way or
another, a truly "historic" year!

We hope to see you there, if you want to help shape our organization move
into a new era.

[Don't forget the Business Meeting, Sunday, Jan. 5, 5:15-7:30 pm in the
Hilton's Mercury Ballroom--H-PAD has two resolutions
<https://www.historiansforpeace.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Resolutions.pdf>
up
for consideration, and we hope for your votes!]

In solidarity,

--
Van Gosse
Professor of History and Chair of Africana Studies