[H-PAD] CORRECTION to H-PAD Planning Meeting Announcement

Van Gosse vgosse at fandm.edu
Sun Dec 15 05:34:38 PST 2019

Hello again,

When we sent out this notice below, we inadvertently left out a key
speaker:  *Alexander Avina*, Co-Convener of the new Immigrant Rights
Working Group.  Alex will be explaining our “Resolution Condemning
Affiliations between ICE and Higher Education,” be voted on at Sunday’s
Business Meeting.  Hope to see you at both these meetings!

**********

By now you probably know that the *Radical History Review*, as an AHA
affiliate organization, has joined with Historians for Peace and Democracy
in sponsoring a three-day series of panels (a conference within the
conference).  We draw your attention to the following, which is effectively
* a Planning Meeting for H-PAD members*--we hope to see you there!  It's
listed in the program as:

Historians and the Current Crisis: Strategy Roundtable

Saturday, January 4, 2020, Noon-1:30 PM

Concourse B (New York Hilton, Concourse Level)

At this forum, Margaret Power and I, as co-chairs, will be joined by
Executive Committee member Kevin A. Young (producer of our *Liberating
History* video series), to talk about the major strides we have made in
2019, then moving an open forum on what we *should* do in 2020--one way or
another, a truly "historic" year!

--
Van Gosse
Professor of History and Chair of Africana Studies